ANS delivers innovative solutions and services that concentrate on a defined set of core practice areas:
- Advanced Network Development. We deliver responsive and adaptive network solutions that form the backbone of critical missions and enterprises. ANS has developed solutions that support network enclaves at every level from enterprise systems to tactical network deployments. We also know that customers are looking toward the next generation of advanced network technologies to deliver performance, security, and efficiency, with a focus on building secure enterprises. We leverage our people and our enabling partnerships with key hardware manufacturers to create innovative solutions for mission applications, and we partner with these organizations to ensure our engineers have the most updated training available to maximize return on investment. We are actively engaged in designing solutions and exploring new solutions. Current focus includes solutions centered on Software Defined Networking (SDN), which provides more responsive resource allocation, granular security controls, and cloud enablement. ANS has entered into a unique partnership with the Open Networking Foundation (ONF), which further accelerates our ability to provide responsive SDN-based networks that are built on open standards.
- Cyber Solutions that Deliver a Fully Visualized Common Operating Picture. The key to cyber defense is the ability to fully identify, understand, and isolate threats as they occur in the network. Cyber commanders, in turn, must have the tools they need to quickly visualize the cyber landscape and then assess and act in response to evolving threats. ANS’ focus on advanced network engineering, coupled with our access to emerging vendor technologies, allows us to create solutions that let network operators, resource allocation managers and cyber defenders fully visualize network and asset configuration, monitor and characterize network performance, and identify and isolate threats and incidents. We then provide a holistic view across a “single pane of glass” to speed time to decision. This ability to visualize activity across the entire sensor stack allows cyber defenders to assess, isolate, and remediate security incidents and performance issues.
- Managed Service Delivery. ANS provides adaptive and responsive service delivery options that focus on convergence of disparate networks, virtualization and cloud enablement, and migration of services from ATM to IP-MPLS and, eventually, to SDN-enabled solutions. ANS engineers can provide tier 0-3 support in either an onsite or a Managed Services/SOC/VSOC engagement. Our proprietary ADAM approach to service management delivers data-driven analytics for network performance while reducing cost and driving efficiency.
Some key solution areas are described below……
Risks are something our clients face every day. Managing the risks to their infrastructures, systems, and business is what ANS Information Assurance practice fundamentally does. Building on over ten years of providing superior security engineering to our clients, our Information Assurance practice allows us to leverage the highly-specialized expertise of our personnel across all of our projects. By aligning security controls with organization goals and needs, ANS has become a trusted advisor in providing insight to the most secure networking schemes to our clients.Our Information Assurance services include security product testing and evaluation, security engineering, security infrastructure design, complex infrastructure implementation and management, penetration and vulnerability management, policy development, business continuity planning and implementation, and regulatory compliance.
Network Engineers have the front line responsibility to provide reliable, available and sustainable networks for successful business to operate. ANS engineers support industry recognized certifications in both network engineering and network security. ANS is able to support all levels of width, breadth or complexity. Each engineering staff member has specific technology expertise and is cross-trained in several others. The ANS engineering staff is capable and comfortable with more than the basics, technology protocols used on a daily basis include: BGP, OSPF, BFD, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, VLAN, and IPSec. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced with major solutions providers such as; Juniper, Cisco, Foundry, Ciena, Spirent, Ericsson. Choosing an ANS Network Engineer is the right choice.
Staff augmentation models often suffer from a lack of defined requirements and metrics. As a result, the service being delivered may not always meet the desired service requirements. A typical solution to this problem is to add more staff resulting in staff creep and increased operational expenses (OPEX).
Managed Services offer organizations an alternative to staff augmentation models. A key benefit of using managed services is it forces IT organizations to clearly define their service requirements and puts in place metrics that measure whether those requirements are being met.
A key tenant to Managed Services is to create a repeatable set of processes and procedures for consistent operations. The industry standard for IT Service Management (ITSM) is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework, and other frameworks such as the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF) and Enhanced Telecom Operations Map (eTOM). Putting in place a set of well defined processes and procedures is only half the battle. The other half is making these processes efficient. This requires using automation whenever possible to reduce the level of effort required. The use of automation reduces the effort and time required to execute tasks and reduces the risk of error.
Monitoring and analytics are critical to the operation of any managed service to verify the service is operating as expected. A robust monitoring and analytics infrastructure makes it possible to identify and resolve service degradations, avoid any single event from degrading the services, and plan for future growth or new services.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a process often overlooked by internally staffed organizations. It’s possible a service is meeting the defined metrics, but user satisfaction is low. A CRM process will recognize these situations and identify solutions for increasing user satisfaction, including the possibility of re-evaluation of current service metrics. CRM extends the service delivery model beyond cost optimization and service availability and places greater focus on end-user experience allowing the end user to focus on their job.
Applied Network Solutions works with our customers to define the required service offerings and Quality of Experience metrics, then delivers these services through a managed service offering focused on service delivery and user satisfaction. This leaves customer to focus their time and effort on the execution of the defined mission, and not the operation of the infrastructure.
Network Architecture is an organization’s vehicle to meet the challenges of evolving service demands and IT inter-dependence. ANS Network Architecture service assists organizations through the use of the traditional four layer methodology in network planning and design. This approach qualifies the service, the operator, and provides a full spectrum solution. During the business planning layer, ANS architectural engineers will determine what solution will perform as required throughout its intended lifecycle. Our application will identify service forecasts, economic impact and technical capabilities for the short-term, medium and long-term network planning layers. From this, we provide pointed details on topological design, network-synthesis and network realization. ANS accepts an organization’s need for network survivability through implementation of traffic engineering, failover and redundancy in architectural designs. The final layer, Operations and Maintenance (O&M), obligates a large burden on organizational resources. ANS is sensitive and responsive to this throughout the planning and design phases. Our answer to this is resiliency through automation of alternatives and activities.
ANS Systems Engineering services deliver foremost solutions. We accomplish this through rigorous assessment, planning, engineering and integration processes. Our team realizes these processes are not mutually exclusive and allow our solutions to transcend the competition. ANS system engineering services ensure that our customers’ critical and non-critical applications function optimally regardless of technology or topology. Our assessment process elicits the current state of your communications systems and what your requirements demand. We use this information as input to the planning and engineering processes. Here is where our team will determine what solution will perform as required. ANS engineers will develop several scenario based solutions meeting your need and means. Our integration process will offer definitive abstracts regarding the synthesis our changes. ANS also offers Operation and Maintenance (O&M) support to its customers.
ANS Technology Innovation Center
ANS has developed a technology center adjacent to its headquarters in Columbia, MD. This state of the art facility, with next generation technologies, allows ANS engineers to perform trade studies, proof-of-concept testing, technology assessments, and system tuning in both software and hardware. The ANS Technology Center is able to replicate a myriad of environments and infrastructures.
Enterprise Unification – Harnessing the Network Data to Drive Cyber Analytics & Visualization
Thanks to increasing network computational performance and the emergence of big data processing, it is now possible to monitor nearly every aspect of a network. With ANS network analytics you can collect vast amounts of data from practically any source and transform it into visual representations.
Gone are the days of static diagrams or SNMP management tools that adhere to legacy network management paradigms.
ANS’ approach to Enterprise Unification integrates with your existing network data, from any source, and provides a common platform for network monitoring and analytics providing an integrated view into the overall operation of your network. Our process can automatically correlate and analyze information from all TCP or UDP data sources. This helps overcome challenges in network operations by reducing the duplication data collection and funneling those existing data capture sources into a single portal of actionable results.
- A tenth of the cost of competitors
- Open source stack prevents vendor lock-in
- Massively scalable on cost effective commodity x86 hardware
- Ingests data from almost any source
- Syslog, streaming data, netflow, text files, Hadoop
- Open RESTful Interface – integrates with other systems
- Easy to create Visualized Actionable dashboards
- Easy to create a query on *any* field and quickly view the data in ways that are actionable
- Search for and visualize security vulnerabilities
- Gain insight into your network observing trends
- Custom modules that contain analytics functionality can be quickly developed and added to the platform
- Drive Cyber Situational Awareness / Common Operating Picture
- A major global service provider
- A small federal agency