Principal Optical Network Architect
Website Applied Network Solutions, Inc.
The Principal Optical Network Architect will be the subject matter expert supporting network integration and engineering services on optical communications engineering transport solutions.
- Develop test plans, studies, evaluation criteria for test and evaluation of optical networks
- Conduct trade space analysis for technology solutions
- Evaluate new network technologies and make recommendations to project managers regarding integration of these technologies into the existing network(s)
- Conduct lab testing of software and new hardware
- Conduct routine open source research on trends and new products in the fiber optic telecommunications industry and report on the impacts of new technologies on current and future customer programs
- Advanced knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols, and network topology
- Knowledge of optical network technology such as, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Synchronous Optical Network (SONET), Optical Transport Unit (OTU), and Optical Data Unit (ODU)
- Knowledge of optical network protection schemes
- Excellent technical writing and oral communications skills
- Master’s plus 10 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s in Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, IT or related field plus 15 years of relevant experience
- CCIE or CCNP, CISSP