ONF-Certified SDN Professional Program
- Designed for both Engineers & Associates
- Get ONF certified through Applied Network Solutions
- SDN is the future & ONF is what agencies are looking for
The ONF-Certified SDN Professional Program (OCSP) provides a strong foundation of vendor-neutral knowledge and skills validation for engineering professionals wishing to improve their careers and gain advancement in the world of software defined networking. The program seeks to provide independent validation of both concept level skills for new entrants as well as technical level engineering skills for professionals working in SDN environments, either development or deployment.
For more information about the SDN certification blueprint, visit ONF Certified SDN Engineer Examination Blueprint.
Introduction to SDN (1-Day Course)
- 50% lecture, 50% hands-on
- Attendees will:
- Understand SDN and the ONF Framework
- Use Cases for implementing SDN
- Understand OpenFlow
- Learn Migration Strategies
- Experience hands-on training using SDN
- Great for:
- Anyone who wants to understand the SDN eco-system
- Preparing for the ONF’s associate level certification exam
- Sales Staff
Request More Information
What is SDN & ONF?
Software-Defined Networking is revolutionizing the way networks are designed, built and managed. As networking evolves to a software centric network, the need to update skillsets focused on software-defined networks becomes increasingly necessary. Developing successful implementation plans to navigate the adoption and implementation will depend on having engineers possessing new skills and knowledge to realize the value of SDN can offer.
Open Networking Foundation (ONF) is a user-driven organization dedicated to the promotion and adoption of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) through open standards development. SDN is a new approach to networking in which network control is decoupled from the data forwarding function and is directly programmable. ONF emphasizes an open, collaborative development process that is driven from the end-user perspective.
Who Uses it Today
As, today’s networks continually evolve to a software only model, Network Architects, Engineers, Administrators and Technicians need to keep pace with their skills. The OCSP Program provides an industry-recognized standard by which individual knowledge and SDN skills can be evaluated at varied levels within the SDN networking space. ONF’s development of the OCSP Program is in direct response to the increasing need for those within the networking industry to validate their SDN knowledge, skills, and abilities within this rapidly evolving field and gain the foundational knowledge of SDN.
Reasons to be ONF Certified
Is it worth the time and effort to seek and earn a certification in SDN? In a word, yes! While the true value of an ONF certification will always be evaluated by each SDN professional, and this is a new program, we look at other IT skills certification programs and see the following benefits:
- Advances your career potential by setting you apart from the competition
- Drives personal satisfaction of accomplishing a key career milestone
- Helps improve your overall job performance by stressing continuing professional development
- Recognizes that you have invested in your analytics career by pursuing this rigorous credential
- Boosts your salary potential by being viewed as an experienced analytics professional
- Shows competence in the principles and practice of analytics
- Demonstrates commitment to the field
- Proves to stakeholders that your organization follows industry-standard analytics practice